October 7, 2011

Lady Gaga

Lady GaGa... aka  my GODDESS


I love this woman. If I was straight I would marry her. I know many people don't know whether they like her, some people love her, some people love her but not her music, some people love her music but not her theatrics, but she is a very good person.

The most recent example I can think of is her recent performance at iHeart Radio Music Festival. She dedicated a long, acoustic version of "Hair" to one of her fans, Jamey Rodemeyer. This child committed suicide because of bullying in his school. He was only 14 and he had just recently made an "It Gets Better" video where he says that Lady Gaga was the only reason he was still around. His final tweet was to Lady Gaga and it said "bye mother monster and thanks for all you have done. Paws Up Forever."
This is a like to the performance: HAIR

I am also a HUGE fan of her theatrics. One of her best performances ever (IMO) was her VMA performance of paparazzi. It was an intense and blood-filled performance of one of her most artistically amazing songs.
Paparazzi

Look forward to the new Lifetime biopic about her life up to this point including her ingenious rise to the massive fame she has today. (we will see how much they mess up in this movie)

Her marketing squad (all part of the infamous HAUS OF GAGA) is one of the greatest marketing teams I have ever seen. Everything from her fashion to he presence is calculated both by (a large part) herself, and a group of people who she is very close to and treats like family. Nicola Formichetti is also a name to check out if you love Gaga's style.

Fun Trivia about one of her dancers: Mike Kanemura got his job as one of her lead dancers through a lot of determination to be a dancer for her when he heard of the open auditions in LA. He was out of the country at the time and had his manager keep calling and nagging until finally he got a private audition for when he got back because she had seen him on So You Think You Can Dance before. Talk about an amazing opportunity.

I'm sure I will write more on her throughout this blog as she is my favorite person/idol/musician/artist ever :) If you want to know anything about her just ask.

My Three favorite songs of hers (go buy the mp3's  only 99 cents what's the big deal?) are LoveGame, Bloody Mary, and Monster. :D

(yes if you are wondering, I DO prefer The Fame Monster edited, she released it like that for artistic reasons. The unedited version was released later and I prefer it edited the way she edited it. It's not like legitimately edited edited if that makes sense.)


Like us on Facebook: NCLreview

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...